Friday, November 21, 2008

Grrr

What do you do when you're mad? Do you take it out on others? Do you keep it to yourself (bottled up inside)? Do you grin and bear it by pretending that you're not mad at all? Or do you say that you're mad and accept that it's okay to feel that way? What do you do?

Yesterday, I was mad. Incredible Hulk mad. People that said they were going to call didn't, and that added fuel to my anger fire. I accepted that I was mad and was okay with that feeling. Eventually my anger fire flames burned out.

Recently, I've learned to accept anger as an expressable emotion. In the past, I wouldn't dream of expressing anger. It wasn't a 'good girl' thing to do. I didn't want to make others feel bad, even though they made me feel that way. I wanted to keep everything pleasant and happy.

I now know that expressing anger is just one of the many ways to keep me from holding things in and getting upset at inappropriate times. Not holding things in is a good girl thing to do, too.

So what about you? How do you deal with anger? Let me know. Grrrrr......

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You bust the windows out his car...lol ok that's just a song. but it sounded good. i prefer yelling and a little cursing here and there

VADRMGRL said...

Too funny, D! Good thing I wasn't in the library when I read this or I would have been kicked out for laughing out loud!

Katie said...

I work out... a lot... God Bless CrossFit!

Cara said...

I talk it out with a lot of people. That usually helps! :-)

Love your blog!

VADRMGRL said...

Thank you, Cara!! Working out (Katie) and talking do help!