Monday, November 17, 2008

Reasons or Excuses

In the previous post, I wrote about an article that a friend sent. I read another article this weekend that discussed the 'real' reasons why guys dump girls. Normally I don't read articles like this because they irritate me. I get irritated because I don't understand why some people can't be honest. Here's something - don't lead people on if you don't like them. Or - don't play with people's feelings. I could go on. Though I don't advocate violence, I can see how some people get clunked in the head!

So this article listed the top four 'guy' reasons for letting a girl go. I remembered three:
  • He doesn't want to get into a relationship if there's a better one/girl out there
  • He doesn't like you as much as you like him (he's just not that into you)
  • He's scared that he'll really fall for you

I don't have too much to say about the first bullet. But we can talk about the second and third ones!

The author stated that guys will try to spare a girl's feelings now rather than later if he realizes that he doesn't like her that much. Basically, he'll end it now before she REALLY starts to like him. I go back and forth on this one. Maybe that's a good thing. I'll give it some more thought.

The author also stated that guys don't like to be vulnerable and like a girl too much. Who does? They're afraid that they won't be able to recover if you break up with them. Then they'd look wimpy in front of their friends who can't help them get over it. (The author stated that females help their friends get over relationships better than guys).

What do you think? Are these valid reasons or excuses for poor behavior?

No comments: