Monday, November 10, 2008

A Rant

So yesterday evening I was in the business center at my apt complex. I normally go there during the day because it's kind of secluded. I needed to print some info. So I went, even though it was dark.

There was an older guy already in there working on one of the three PCs. He looked like a demented Jack Nicholson from the movie The Shining, so I wasn't trying to be in there long. I sat down, printed what I needed, and got my things to go. As I was about to leave, he looked up and said "Yes, we've got a new president. So he's one of your kind, huh?" WHAT! One of my kind? Like I'm an animal or something? UHH!!!!!!

I knew what he was trying to say. Yes, America has an African-American president. The world is surprised. But 'one of my kind'? Dang, he couldn't have said it better than that? I just looked at him and left. I didn't want to get into anything with him 'cuz he was kinda big.

I'm sure this won't be the last time I hear a comment regarding race or President O. But really - how long is this gonna go on?

2 comments:

Katie said...

Big or not, I think I would have hit him over the head with something and then left...

VADRMGRL said...

He looked really crazy. Like he had chopped up some bodies...