Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Start Spreadin' Tha News

First off, let me say that it pained me to title a post with missing letters. It's the wordsmith/editor in me that usually prevents this. But I had to do it! Why? Because I'm five days away from the big 4-0! Yes, on Dec 7th I will join another age group. I'm overjoyed! And...

I'm going to New York! (Just for the day). One of my good friends is going to ride up from MD and meet me there. I'm going to attend a photography workshop hosted by a celebrity photographer, then said friend and I are going to eat some 'oh so rich and fattening' sage butter ravioli at the Dream Hotel restaurant, and then we're going to see Cirque Du Soleil on Broadway. OOOOOOOHHHHH - I can't contain my excitement! Just to give you an idea of my enthusiasm:
  • I did a 'going to New York' dance in Target last night when I called my mom to tell her where I was going.
  • I did the Rockettes line-kick in my bathroom as I sang 'New York, New York'.
  • I did a 'Hoe Down/Do Si Do You Partner' dance while on the phone with said friend.
  • I'm sure I'll do another dance before I go to sleep. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

So the title of this post is a tribute to Frank Sinatra's song about New York.

Start spreadin' tha news,
I'm leaving today,
I want to be a part of it -
New York, New York.
He sang about it and loved it. I went there to ring in 2008, and now I'm going there again this year to celebrate the Big 4-0. Love it!!!!!!
It's almost like my birthday will be Christmas. The Santa will be the celebrity photographer, the sleigh/reindeer will be the Amtrak train/bus, and the presents will be the workshop, ravioli, and Cirque Du Soleil. Ain't life grand!!

No comments: