Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Testing in Progress

Ok. I've addressed this before. I believe that life gives us pop quizzes, tests, and final exams to see if we've learned specific lessons and subjects. Though I think that we're constantly being tested, I feel that some tests have a greater impact upon the final grade. At this very moment, I'm taking a life lesson final exam. One that deals with finally letting go of things that hurt or bother me.

Last week, a former friend sent me a Facebook friend request. I had to stop dealing with him in March 2008 because he couldn't keep his word - something that really bothers me. Something that I mentioned to him, but that he kept on doing. So I haven't spoken to him in almost a year.

Now what do you think I did when I saw that request? Do you think I logged in and denied it? Do you think I sent him an angry email repeating what I told him last year? If you guessed none of the above, you'd be correct. I did nothing.

Don't get me wrong. He's a very nice guy. But if I was a dress, he'd be the purse that didn't match. Because I need a friend that follows his/her word. That's what I know for sure. I can't have it any other way.

Honestly, when I saw that email, I wondered if I should try to deal with him again. Then I thought about my belief that lessons keep coming back until you learn them. If his repeatedly not keeping his word bothers me and if clearly stating that is a lesson that I need to learn(instead of letting it slide like I used to), then I need to honor myself and not deal with that behavior anymore.

Maybe he's changed. I don't know. At this time, I'm not willing to find out if he has or hasn't. I need to give that purse away and find a more complimentary accessory. No more bad grades (pain) for this subject. I'm going for an A this time.

2 comments:

GawdessGurrl said...

Rock on, Goddess! You're mastering the rule of yum-yuck.

VADRMGRL said...

Yes indeed, Gawdess Gurrl!